Community Mental Health & Disability-Case Managers
Graceville Centre provides support to individuals living with a disability and/or mental illness. All Graceville services are conducted by working with individuals in a strength based and recovery focused framework. Graceville Centre operates nine programs that provide support to clients either on site or in their own homes. We are a growing service and regularly have internal opportunities for career growth.
Lutheran Services is a not-for-profit organisation that has been serving the people and communities of Queensland since 1935. We provide quality, contemporary care and support for people of all backgrounds, at more than 20 locations throughout Queensland.
Our dedicated workforce of nearly 1500 makes a difference to the lives of many people every day. They bring our vision to life – helping those we serve to pursue the lives they hope for, and enabling the communities we are part of to thrive.
As a member of the Lutheran Services team, you will enjoy a great work-life balance, generous benefits, flexible arrangements and ongoing opportunities for professional development and career progression.
Let’s talk about the role:
Looking for a new opportunity or Career? We currently have multiple part-time positions available
As a Case Manager you will work directly with individuals living with a disability and /or mental illness helping them to increase their independence, maintain their wellness and ultimately improve the quality of their life.
To be eligible for these positions you would need availability for a minimum of 3days/nights and sleepovers. Minimum contracted hours are 12 hrs per fortnight with flexibility for increased hours.
Responsibilities will include:
- Provide case management, group work and community development interventions to individuals living with a disability and/or mental illness in keeping with the guidelines contained in the service agreement and plan
- Utilise Evidence Based Practice in the development and implementation of client’s individual support plans
- Conducting regular planning reviews with service users and ensuring that plans are monitored and progressed
- Maintain an environment that empowers service users and promotes positive behaviours, positive learning, skills development and independence
- Communicate effectively with relevant stakeholders
- Complete, maintain and store documentation in a confidential manner
Now let’s talk about you:
The successful applicant will have:
- Tertiary qualifications in a relevant field, or be studying towards such a qualification; or
- Relevant experience within the Community Services sector or experience in a relevant industry with transferrable skills
- Have a willingness to learn on the job
- Effective and professional interpersonal and communication skills
- Accurate and timely decision-making skills
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment
This position requires maintenance of a positive Working with Children (Blue Card) check and current Australian Driver’s License.
What we can offer you:
- A professional work environment in an organisation that genuinely cares, values dedication and performance
- Excellent hourly rate $31.02 - $33.26
- Learning and development opportunities, including internal supervision
- Access to salary packaging
- Work life balance
- Access to discounts, such as health insurance, holiday and travel, gym membership, IT and home appliances
- Membership to our full service Employee Assistance Program, including professional, lifestyle and wellness support
To view a copy of the position description please click here
For any enquiries regarding this position please call Vanessa on 0455 327 798
To apply for these positions please attach your resume and complete the questions below.