Lutheran Services is a not-for-profit organisation that has been serving the people and communities of Queensland since 1935. We provide quality, contemporary care and support for people of all backgrounds, at more than 20 locations throughout Queensland.
Our dedicated workforce of nearly 1500 makes a difference to the lives of many people every day. They bring our vision to life – helping those we serve to pursue the lives they hope for, and enabling the communities we are part of to thrive.
As a member of the Lutheran Services team, you will enjoy a great work-life balance, generous benefits, flexible arrangements and ongoing opportunities for professional development and career progression.
Enjoy stunning ocean views or bushland vistas from our vibrant Immanuel Gardens Aged Care community set within 86 acres of lush sub-tropical gardens, in Buderim on the Sunshine Coast. At Immanuel Gardens Aged Care, you will feel peace of mind with personalised care provided in pleasant surrounds.
Let’s talk about the role:
As our Assistant Chef you will be responsible for:
- Provide an innovative meal service to meet resident needs;
- Prepare and present meals in an aesthetically pleasing manner that aids residents and staff to enjoy their meals;
- Provide varied and nourishing meals and snacks to residents that meet dietary needs and preferences;
- Contribute to the advancement of the food service.
This is a part time opportunity.
Now let’s talk about you:
Critical to your success in this role you will be able to demonstrate:
- Previous experience in the cooking or preparation of meals for large groups of people operating commercial kitchen equipment.
- Certificate 3 in cookery (or equivalent trade qualifications)
- Aged Care environment experience would be highly advantageous.
- Proven ability to communicate effectively with a wide variety of individuals.
In addition, you will:
- Be comfortable working within a small team on a wide range of simultaneous tasks.
- Maintain a positive Federal Police Check
- Provide proof of working rights
What we can offer you:
A professional work environment in an organisation that genuinely cares, values dedication and performance.
You will receive:
- Learning and development opportunities
- Access to salary packaging
- Good work life balance
- Access to discounts, such as health insurance, holiday and travel, gym membership, IT and home appliances
- Membership to our dedicated Employee Assistance Program.
To apply for the role, please attach your resume, complete the application form and the questions below. For a copy of the position description please click here.