Disability Support Worker
Keystone Centre in Woodridge offers support programs for people living with disability. The range of programs and services include a centre-based day service, home support, specific skills training, and case management to allow our clients and their families achieve their goals.
Let’s talk about the role:
As a Support Worker, you will work to support and empower clients’ living with a disability to live in the least restrictive environment, have access to the community and to live in the residence of their choice, while maintaining their quality of life and to become more independent through strengths based service delivery. You will:
- Provide support (in conjunction with the Case Managers) to the clients in developing and implementing future goal plans and support plans.
- Assist individuals to maintain their health and wellbeing.
- Communicate effectively with relevant stakeholder and clients.
- Actively develop continuous quality improvements (in conjunction with Team Leaders).
- Maintain an environment that empowers service user and promotes positive behaviours and independence.
- Undertake other duties as required.
Multiple casual positions available.
Now let’s talk about you:
Critical to your success in this role will be the proven ability to demonstrate;
- Effective and professional interpersonal and communication skills
- Accurate and timely decision making skills
- The ability to work in a fast paced environment.
In addition you will;
- Currently hold or be studying towards relevant qualifications and experience
- Maintain a current Australian drivers license
- Current Blue/Yellow card
- Comply with the Disability Services Act 2006, screening requirements.
What we can offer you:
A professional work environment in an organisation that genuinely cares, values dedication and performance.
You will receive:
• Learning and development opportunities
• Access to salary packaging
• Good work life balance
• Access to discounts, such as health insurance, holiday and travel, gym membership, IT and home appliances
• Membership to our dedicated Employee Assistance Program.
To apply for the role, please attach your resume, complete the application form and the questions below. For more information and conditions of the role, please click here for a copy of the position description