Lifestyle and Creative Programs Facilitator - Toowoomba
Salem Lutheran Aged Care, comprising services at two separate locations in North and South Toowoomba, provides a total of 143 residential places to older Australians including a 14 room specialist dementia unit with a focus on community living and involvement.
Lutheran Services is a not-for-profit organisation that has been serving the people and communities of Queensland since 1935. We provide quality, contemporary care and support for people of all backgrounds, at more than 20 locations throughout Queensland.
Our dedicated workforce of nearly 1500 makes a difference to the lives of many people every day. They bring our vision to life – helping those we serve to pursue the lives they hope for, and enabling the communities we are part of to thrive.
As a member of the Lutheran Services team, you will enjoy a great work-life balance, generous benefits, flexible arrangements and ongoing opportunities for professional development and career progression.
Let’s talk about the role:
The success of the Creative Activities and Arts Program, as well as the volunteer program, relies on the establishment of strong links between the incumbent and staff from all disciplines, volunteers, family members of residents and the wider community as well as with the residents.
As Lifestyle and Creative Programs Facilitator you will be responsible for:
• Supporting the delivery of a high quality and joyful creative lifestyle program that provides meaningful and engaging activities across the service by –
- Supporting the assessment of resident’s creative interests, social /cultural history, emotional and spiritual needs;
- Developing and facilitating individual and group activities that engage with residents’ interests and desires;
- Supporting resident participation in activities (including assisting with mobility aides where needed) and empowering them to use and develop their skills and abilities;
- Evaluating program effectiveness and adjusting as appropriate;
• Working with the Coordinator to generate opportunities promoting and encouraging wider involvement in creative programs; and
• Recognising, seeking out and creating opportunities that build a sense of community and establish connections within the service as well as with the wider community.
Now let’s talk about you:
Critical to your success in this role will be the proven ability to demonstrate a high degree of self motivation and effective and professional interpersonal and communication skills. Ideally, you will have experience working with the elderly and will be able to engage individuals with varying levels of capability. You will posses well developed skills in group facilitation as well as working one-on-on and have the capability to establish and maintain strong links with others, including a strong commitment to volunteers and volunteer programs.
In addition you will;
enjoy working as part of a team and have a positive and enthusiastic attitude
bring an innovative approach to providing tailored and meaningful activities for the residents and will have the ability to motivate and inspire others as well as actively contribute to change
have a passion in one or more creative areas
be comfortable working with residents who have dementia
maintain a positive Federal police check and an Australian driver’s licence
What we can offer you:
As well as working for an organisation that genuinely cares, we also offer a competitive salary, and access to 15,900pa in salary packaging options. You will also have access to significant discounts across a number of areas including private health insurance, gym membership, holiday and travel discounts, home appliances and IT discounts and car rental.
How to apply
To apply for this position, please complete answers to all below questions and attach your resume.
For further information about this role a position description is available to download by clicking here. To request a discussion about specifics of the role please contact Julieanne Cottee, Creative Programs and Volunteer Coordinator on (07) 4687 4800.