Chef - Caboolture
Lutheran Services is a not-for-profit organisation that has been serving the people and communities of Queensland since 1935. We provide quality, contemporary care and support for people of all backgrounds, at more than 20 locations throughout Queensland.
Our dedicated workforce of nearly 1500 makes a difference to the lives of many people every day. They bring our vision to life – helping those we serve to pursue the lives they hope for, and enabling the communities we are part of to thrive.
As a member of the Lutheran Services team, you will enjoy a great work-life balance, generous benefits, flexible arrangements and ongoing opportunities for professional development and career progression.
St Paul’s Aged Care offers light and airy private en-suite rooms, set on 12 acres of landscaped gardens and native bushland close to Caboolture’s town centre.
Let’s talk about the role:
As Chef you will be responsible for:
- Promoting and providing an innovative meal service to meet changing resident’s needs, as well as food safety and quality standards;
- Managing a quality meal service as well as providing input into budget and service improvements when possible;
- Effectively and efficiently managing menu development, stock control, ordering, invoicing and operations of a sustainable imprest system;
- Managing food safety and quality systems, including regular audit and reporting processes and prompt rectification of identified shortfalls, and;
- Managing the advancement and continued improvement of the food service.
Now let’s talk about you:
Critical to your success in this role will be the proven ability to demonstrate
- significant experience cooking / preparing meals for large groups of people as well as taking into account individual choice and dietary requirements
- experience in the operations of commercial kitchen equipment
- effective and professional interpersonal skills
- the ability to supervise and lead a small team within the operations of a large/complex catering service with minimal direction
In addition you will
- possess an AQF Cert IV (or equivalent Trade qualification)
- maintain a positive Federal police check and an Australian driver’s licence
- have previous experience in an Aged Care environment is highly desirable
- You may be required to provide information in relation to pre-existing medical conditions or injuries relevant to this position and submit to a pre-employment medical.
What we can offer you:
As well as working for an organisation that genuinely cares, we also offer a competitive salary and access to 15,900pa in salary packaging options. You will also have access to significant discounts across a number of areas including private health insurance, gym membership, holiday and travel discounts, home appliances and IT discounts and car rental.
To apply for the role, please attach your resume, complete the application form and the questions below.