Lutheran Services is a not-for-profit organisation that has been serving the people and communities of Queensland since 1935. We provide quality, contemporary care and support for people of all backgrounds, at more than 20 locations throughout Queensland.
Our dedicated workforce of nearly 1500 makes a difference to the lives of many people every day. They bring our vision to life – helping those we serve to pursue the lives they hope for, and enabling the communities we are part of to thrive.
As a member of the Lutheran Services team, you will enjoy a great work-life balance, generous benefits, flexible arrangements and ongoing opportunities for professional development and career progression.
These part-time positions are located in Kingaroy at our Orana Facility
Due to the ongoing COVID-19 crisis, the Chief Health Officer has asked Aged Care providers to put in place measures to prevent the potential spread of the virus between aged care and multi- purpose health services.
As a result you may be asked, as part of this application process, if you are currently (or plan to be) working across more than one aged care facility or multipurpose health service.
This information is critical to assure PPE supplies are adequate to meet the expected new government directed PPE protocols and to plan our response to an outbreak should it occur.
Let’s talk about the role:
You will provide quality care that enhances and promotes the quality of life for individuals, ensuring that the care provided is current best practice.
We have several permanent Part-Time Personal Carer positions available
As an exceptional and compassionate Personal Carer, you will be responsible for:
- Assisting clients with personal care activities.
- Providing assistance to residents or clients to the delivery of personal care to support everyday living.
- Support domestic and household duties including meal support and supporting routine activities.
- Collecting and reporting data and completing assessments to assist with the formation of nursing care plans and funding submissions for each resident.
- Functioning and accepting responsibility for own practice in accordance with legislation and common law affecting nursing practice.
- Applying concepts of continuous improvement.
- Establishing and maintaining collaborative relationships within the service and also members of the external health care team.
Now let’s talk about you:
As our ideal candidate, you will be passionate about caring for the elderly and committed to providing our residents with the highest standards of care.
You will also;
- Hold a Certificate III (or higher) in Aged Care or Community Services,
- Have experience working as a Personal Carer in Residential Aged Care and understand the importance of delivering exceptional holistic resident care,
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills
- Ability to form lasting connections with our residents and their families
- Hold an Australian driver’s licence
- Maintain a positive National Police clearance
- Have a current Flu Vaccination
What we can offer you:
A professional work environment in an organisation that genuinely cares, values dedication and performance.
You will receive:
- Learning and development opportunities
- Access to salary packaging
- Good work life balance
- Access to discounts, such as health insurance, holiday and travel, gym membership, IT and home appliances
- Membership to our dedicated Employee Assistance Program.
To apply for the role, please attach your resume, complete the application form and the questions below. For a copy of the position description please click here.