Employee Relations Advisor
Lutheran Services is a not-for-profit organisation that has been serving the people and communities of Queensland since 1935. We provide quality, contemporary care and support for people of all backgrounds, at more than 20 locations throughout Queensland.
Our dedicated workforce of nearly 1500 makes a difference to the lives of many people every day. They bring our vision to life – helping those we serve to pursue the lives they hope for, and enabling the communities we are part of to thrive.
As a member of the Lutheran Services team, you will enjoy a great work-life balance, generous benefits, flexible arrangements and ongoing opportunities for professional development and career progression.
Let’s talk about the role:
This is a 12 month fixed term opportunity with the potential to be extended.
You will utilise your knowledge and experience in employee relations, in order to implement workplace relations programs that deliver best practice solutions for our employees, whilst achieving commercial outcomes and workplace efficiencies.
Overall, you will:
- Provide specialised interpretation and advice to managers on our requirements under the modern awards, our enterprise agreement and other relevant industrial legislation
- Conduct and support investigations to resolve complex employment matters
- Coach leaders and managers on managing performance to ensure positive outcomes are achieved
- Use your knowledge, expertise and mentoring skills to facilitate on-the-job learning and development for managers on employee relations matters
- Liaise with leaders and managers to create consistency of management approach across Lutheran Services
- Contribute to policy development and implementation in relation to workplace relations matters
Now let’s talk about you:
With a strong background in employee relations, you will have genuine and impactful communication skills, proven experience in influencing stakeholders and a professional approach to delivering outcomes.
You will have:
- Tertiary qualified in Human Resources or related discipline
- 3-5 years experience in all aspects of Employee Relations
- Experience providing high-level strategic advice to senior executives and managers to develop practical workplace relations solutions.
- Experience working in a health or service orientated industry may be beneficial
What we can offer you:
As a key role in a high performing People, Culture and Development team, you will join a professional work environment in an organisation that genuinely cares and values dedication.
You will receive:
- Learning and development opportunities to suit your own professional development plan
- Access to salary packaging
- Tools to facilitate better work life balance
- Access to discounts, such as health insurance, holiday and travel, gym membership, IT and home appliances
- Membership to our dedicated Employee Assistance Program.
To apply for the role, please attach your resume, complete the application form and the questions below. For a copy of the position description please click here.