Accounts Receivable Officer
Lutheran Services is a not-for-profit organisation that has been serving the people and communities of Queensland since 1935. We provide quality, contemporary care and support for people of all backgrounds, at more than 20 locations throughout Queensland.
Our dedicated workforce of nearly 1500 makes a difference to the lives of many people every day. They bring our vision to life – helping those we serve to pursue the lives they hope for, and enabling the communities we are part of to thrive.
As a member of the Lutheran Services team, you will enjoy a great work-life balance, generous benefits, flexible arrangements and ongoing opportunities for professional development and career progression.
Let’s talk about the role:
This high billing/low collections focused role reports to our Shared Services Lead, Accounts. You will be responsible for providing customer focused service to perform the operational duties for accounts receivable and associated tasks. In this role you will ensure accurate, on time billing whilst also being responsible for:
- Assisting with managing the resident related financial accounts, including advice and guidance regarding all resident billing and bonds;
- Establishing and processing direct debits, preparing g periodic invoice and statements, submitting and processing electronic events to Medicare, receipting cheques and deposits and also recording ACFI assessments;
- Providing support to the Shared Services Lead, Accounts for process improvements, process efficiencies and other adhoc duties;
- Ensuring compliance with government regulations;
- Applying strong attention to detail to the role and its tasks.
Now let’s talk about you:
You will have an exceptional customer focused ability, having gained significant experience in accounts receivable; In addition you will also bring with you:
- Experience with finance systems and complex reconciliations;
- Strong Microsoft skills, with particular expertise in excel;
- Great problem solving skills;
- Excellent time management skills;
- Flexibility and ability to adapt to changing priorities and to different work pressures;
- A desire to provide exceptional service.
Understanding/Experience with the aged care or government funding models will be an advantage but not a pre-requisite.
What we can offer you:
A professional work environment in an organisation that genuinely cares, values dedication and performance.
You will receive:
- Learning and development opportunities
- Access to salary packaging
- Good work life balance
- Access to discounts, such as health insurance, holiday and travel, gym membership, IT and home appliances
- Membership to our dedicated Employee Assistance Program.
To apply for the role, please attach your resume, complete the application form and the questions below. For a copy of the position description please click here.