Lutheran Services is a not-for-profit organisation that has been serving the people and communities of Queensland since 1935. We provide quality, contemporary care and support for people of all backgrounds, at more than 20 locations throughout Queensland.
Our dedicated workforce of nearly 1500 makes a difference to the lives of many people every day. They bring our vision to life – helping those we serve to pursue the lives they hope for, and enabling the communities we are part of to thrive.
As a member of the Lutheran Services team, you will enjoy a great work-life balance, generous benefits, flexible arrangements and ongoing opportunities for professional development and career progression.
St Paul’s Aged Care offers light and airy private en-suite rooms, set on 12 acres of landscaped gardens and native bushland close to Caboolture’s town centre. At St Paul’s you will feel peace of mind with personalised care provided in pleasant surrounds.
Let’s talk about the role:
Under this support worker role, you will have the opportunity to work within two sectors of our business – Hotel Services and Ground Keeping.
As a Hotel Services Worker you will be responsible for:
• Maintaining the cleanliness and tidiness of the interior of the service as directed
• Contributing to the preparation and delivery of a quality meal service
• Providing exceptional customer service to residents
• Collecting, cleaning, folding and distributing linen and residents clothing
• Monitoring and ordering supplies of cleaning chemicals and equipment as required
As a Grounds Keeper you will be responsible for:
• Undertake day to day operations of the maintenance department in line with schedule of works;
• Maintain the gardens and grounds within the service as directed;
• Ensure equipment and garden materials are utilised in a responsible and safe manner
• Monitor supplies of chemicals and equipment.
This is a casual role. Support Workers must be available to work a variety of shifts, including weekends.
Now let’s talk about you:
As our ideal candidate you will posses previous experience working within a Hospitality or an Aged Care environment. You will:
• Have outstanding customer service and interpersonal skills
• Have a keen eye for detail.
• Communicating effectively with co-workers, residents and other stakeholders.
• You will also hold an Australian Driver’s licence and will maintain a positive national police clearance.
What we can offer you:
As well as working for an organisation that genuinely cares, we also offer a competitive salary and access to $15,900pa in salary packaging options. You will also have access to significant discounts across a number of areas including private health insurance, gym membership, holiday and travel discounts, home appliances and IT discounts and car rental.
To apply for the role, please attach your resume, complete the application form and the questions below. For a copy of the position description please click here.