Casual Support Workers
Lutheran Services is a not-for-profit organisation that has been serving the people and communities of Queensland since 1935. We provide quality, contemporary care and support for people of all backgrounds, at more than 20 locations throughout Queensland.
Our dedicated workforce of nearly 1500 makes a difference to the lives of many people every day. They bring our vision to life – helping those we serve to pursue the lives they hope for, and enabling the communities we are part of to thrive.
As a member of the Lutheran Services team, you will enjoy a great work-life balance, generous benefits, flexible arrangements and ongoing opportunities for professional development and career progression.
Trinity Disability Support Services is a long-standing, community-based service at Ashmore on the Gold Coast. With professionalism and kindness our team supports people living with an intellectual disability to live as independently as possible through personalised goal oriented self development programs. All our services are delivered in our clients’ home.
Multiple casual positions available.
Let’s talk about the role:
As a Support Worker, you will work to support and empower clients’ living with a disability to live in the least restrictive environment, have access to the community and to live in the residence of their choice, while maintaining their quality of life and to become more independent through strengths based service delivery.
- Provide support (in conjunction with the Case Managers) to the clients in developing and implementing future goal plans and support plans.
- Assist individuals to maintain their health and wellbeing.
- Communicate effectively with relevant stakeholder and clients.
- Actively develop continuous quality improvements (in conjunction with Team Leaders).
- Maintain an environment that empowers service user and promotes positive behaviours and independence.
- Undertake other duties as required.
Now let’s talk about you:
Critical to your success in this role will be the proven ability to demonstrate;
- Effective and professional interpersonal and communication skills
- Accurate and timely decision making skills
- The ability to work in a fast paced environment.
In addition you will;
- Currently hold or be studying towards relevant qualifications and experience
- Maintain a current Australian drivers license
- Comply with the Disability Services Act 2006, screening requirements.
What we can offer you:
As well as working for an organisation that genuinely cares, we also offer a competitive salary and access to 15,900pa in salary packaging options. You will also have access to significant discounts across a number of areas including private health insurance, gym membership, holiday and travel discounts, home appliances and IT discounts and car rental.
To apply for the role, please attach your resume, complete the application form and the questions below. For a copy of the position description please click here.