Bordering on Karawatha Forest, Trinder Park Aged Care is a 52-acre bushland retreat with leafy green natural beauty, attracting vibrant birdlife and wallabies. We offer a mix of single, shared and single private ensuited rooms in a warm environment that welcomes family and friends
Lutheran Services is a not-for-profit organisation that has been serving the people and communities of Queensland since 1935. We provide quality, contemporary care and support for people of all backgrounds, at more than 20 locations throughout Queensland.
Our dedicated workforce of nearly 1500 makes a difference to the lives of many people every day. They bring our vision to life – helping those we serve to pursue the lives they hope for, and enabling the communities we are part of to thrive.
As a member of the Lutheran Services team, you will enjoy a great work-life balance, generous benefits, flexible arrangements and ongoing opportunities for professional development and career progression.
Let’s talk about the role:
This is an exciting opportunity for a Registered Nurse to take on a new challenge and join our Trinder Park Team as a ACFI Coordinator for a six month Maternity Leave position in a Part Time capacity.
Hours of work for this role will be, Monday, Tuesday and Wednesdays 8:00 with a total of 45 hours per fortnight.
- Assist staff to identify the assessed care of the resident based on what the resident’s requirements are, why the resident is unable to meet this themselves as well as how staff support the resident to maintain their health and wellbeing.
- Provide appropriate education, resources and advice to staff in the effective use of Lutheran Services clinical documentation and iCare systems for preparing ACFI submissions.
- Report to the relevant manager/s regarding any issues that arise, or improvement suggestions related to implementation, ongoing coordination and maintenance of the ACFI system within the services.
- Prepare ACFI submissions in line with the Lutheran Services Guidelines to ensure they are submitted in the appropriate timeframe.
- Review all residents on a regular basis for increased health and wellbeing requirements that meet the ACFI business rules for claiming.
- Undertake pain treatment (4a) on a weekly basis as part of Physiotherapy/Allied Health plan.
- Promote Lutheran Services’ commitment to maintaining compliance as well as continuous improvement.
Now let’s talk about you:
Critical to your success in this role, you will be able to demonstrate:
- A recognised qualification in nursing and current AHPRA registration as a nurse in Queensland.
- Previous experience in a similar position.
- Experience training individuals and groups.
- Demonstrated knowledge of Aged Care Legislation and the Aged Care Funding Instrument (ACFI).
- Ability to effectively and appropriately communicate with a wide variety of stakeholders, including colleagues, managers, residents and families,
- Experience maintaining comprehensive ACFI records and packs ready for validation
- Maintenance of a positive national police check for vulnerable individuals.
- A current, valid Queensland driver’s licence.
What we can offer you:
A professional work environment in an organisation that genuinely cares, values dedication and performance. You will receive:
- Learning and development opportunities
- Access to salary packaging
- Work life balance
- Access to discounts, such as health insurance, holiday and travel, gym membership, IT and home appliances
- Membership to our full-service Employee Assistance Program, including professional, lifestyle and wellness support
To apply for the role, please attach your resume, complete the application form and the questions below. For a copy of the position description please click here.